It’s December y’all! And that means it’s finally Christmas in Savannah (one of the best times to visit the city if you ask me). There’s so much to do during the holiday season, so I’ve put together a list of all the events and exciting things that are happening in and around Savannah!
Happening Throughout the Season:
- Plant Riverside Christmas Market: If you haven’t yet been to the new Plant Riverside District, now is the time to go. Enjoy festive food, holiday vendors, live music, performers, and even meet Santa Claus!
- Savannah Gingerbread Trail: Celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Savannah Gingerbread Trail. Follow the map to view the gingerbread houses located all over Savannah and vote for your favorite!
- December Nights and Holiday Lights: Enjoy a socially distanced holiday lights drive-thru at the Coastal Georgia Botanical Garden! It’s open until December 24!
- A Christmas Tradition @ Savannah Theater: Watch a 2 hour performance at the Savannah Theater. Not only will you get to enjoy amazing performers, but you also get to experience the oldest running live theater in the US!
- Old Town Trolley’s Holiday Lights and Sights: Take a trolley tour through the city’s historic squares and get a glimpse of the beautiful decorations and carolers!
- Seasonal Ice Cream at Leopold’s: Leopold’s is heavenly on a normal day, but the seasonal flavors are to die for! Try flavors such as cinnamon, eggnog, frozen hot cocoa, sugar plum fairy, vegan coconut, and vegan vanilla.
- Lights in the Historic District: Drive (or walk) around the Historic District and check out all the festive lights and Christmas decorations! Make sure to stop by Broughton Street to look at all the Christmas displays as well!
One Time Events:
- Festive Cookie Decorating (6th, 13th, 20th):
- Holiday Hangs @ Two Tides (6th, 13th, 20th): Hang out at Two Tides Brewing Company every Sunday leading up to Christmas for snacks, special drinks, and a Christmas movie!
- Gingerbread House Workshop (6th, 13th, 20th): Get your friends together for some gingerbread house decorating! And enjoy some cider and hot chocolate while you’re at it!
- Savannah State Christmas Revival Market (12th, 19th): Visit this market to pick up all of your holiday gifts and enjoy live music and free treats!
- Wormsloe Christmas Hike (12th-13th): Take a hike through Wormsloe Plantation and participate in a scavenger hunt, looking for the Wormsloe Yule Log!
- Home for the HOWL-idays (12th): Head over to the Humane Society for Greater Atlanta for a Christmas market, photos with Santa Paws, hot chocolate, an ugly sweater contest, & more!
- Reindeer on the Roof @ Peregrin (19th): Head over to Peregrin at the Perry Lane Hotel to enjoy the Lowcountry Boil Bluegrass Band, unlimited Bacardi Rum Punch, and a photo op with LIVE reindeer!
- Holiday Cookie Pop-Up Kitchen (19th): Stop by the pop-up shop set up by Kitchen Vixen at Picker Joe’s Antique Mall. Pick up some homemade holiday sweets for you and your loved ones!
- Holiday De Soto Street Market (19th): Visit this market for all last minute holiday gifts and support small businesses like Starland Strange & Bazaar, Two Tides Brewing Company, and Superbloom!
- Savannah VOICE Home for the Holidays Concert (13th & 14th): Celebrate the holidays with music from all over the world right in your own home! Grab some hot chocolate and sit by the fire for a relaxing evening!
- Elf Reunion (14th): Join Will Ferrel, Zooey Deschanel, and the cast of “Elf” in a live table read!
Where to see Santa:
- Oglethorpe Mall (virtual & in person)
- Plant Riverside District (Meet and Greet & Breakfast)
- Bass Pro Shops
Where to Buy your Christmas Tree:
- Edge’s Christmas Tree Farm (Statesboro)
- Wiggins Christmas Trees (Statesboro)
- Rushing’s Ole Mill Farms (Register)
- Truitt’s Christmas Tree Farm (Rincon)
- Birdsville Christmas Tree Farm (Millen)
- Brewer’s Christmas Tree Farm (Midway)
- Webster Christmas Tree Farm (Darien)
- Glennville Christmas Tree Farm (Glennville)
- Days of Creation (Jesup)
There’s so much to do during the Christmas season in Savannah. If I missed anything, let me know in the comments!